There are several options for volunteering with Prom Closet Nanaimo, and all of them are essential to the success of the program!
Please send an email to let us know how you would like to help!
Clothing Inventory –
– sorting, labelling, cleaning the clothes in inventory
– doing pick-ups from donation locations throughout the year
– event set up, take down, dress transportation
– truck driver – to drive U Lock Mini Storage cube truck
– steamers (to steam the dresses)
– personal assistants – to work with the students
– hospitality – for the family members in the waiting area
Special Services (either 100% volunteer, or at reduced costs for Prom Closet clients)
– alterations & tailoring
– hair dressing
– make up, nails
– barber cuts
– community relations/fundaising
– developing a non-profit society
Notes for potential volunteers:
— Any task that involves working with the students at an event will require a Criminal Record Check from the RCMP.
This will need to be submitted to the event coordinator before the event, so please allow sufficient time.
— In order to respect the privacy and confidentiality of the Prom Closet clients, we ask that all volunteers have already graduated themselves and do not have siblings or children who are graduating this year. This allows for greater security of information and peace-of-mind for the Prom Closet clients.