Choosing From Prom Closet
Who is Prom Closet for?
– open for all graduating students in the mid-Vancouver Island area
How does a student get in contact with Prom Closet Nanaimo?
– a referral from a school counselor, teacher or youth worker is preferred but not necessary
– watch this website for an announcement for our next event
– LIKE our facebook page and watch it for announcements for events
– send an email to make an appointment at the next event
– if there isn’t an event in the near future, send an email to make arrangements for a one-on-one appointment (these are only done in September/October for Grade 12 sewing students, or in the spring, after our regular event)
What can I expect at the Appointment?
– a Prom Closet volunteer will be there to show you the formal wear and to help you make a selection
– students should bring one adult along with them
– it is recommended that you bring the shoes or strapless bra that you might be wearing with the gown
– allow approximately 1 hour for your appointment
What if I need alterations?
– alterations and tailoring may need to be done by the student, depending on whether we have enough volunteers for this
– every attempt will be made to help the student find affordable options
What happens after Prom?
-students have the option to either keep the gown or suit, or return it to Prom Closet
– if for any reason the formal wear wasn’t used, please send an email and we will come and get it – no questions
“Do you have short gowns for dates?”
“We recently received a large donation of short gowns.Therefore, we will be offering these short gowns for girls who are going to Prom as dates. Because these are not for graduating students, we will be requesting a donation.”